Followers

Saturday 8 May 2010

Little Red Ted






WinkWinkInk have a challenge up at the moment for a shaped card... (not square or rectangle)... so using one of their free images, (isnt he just sooo adorable), I spent most of the afternoon, playing with Robbie (Robo), which was a lot more stressful than the colouring part, I can tell you, making up this card. Also this week Lily of the Valley have the theme 'Here comes Summer', well I know.. he got a little raincoat on, but.... I live in Uk.... and just as likely to use that even in middle of July !!!! so I went for a different take on a British Summer ! LOL... hope they see the funny side of it !!!!
I am a very happy little bunny, as this is a first for me, after only a few lessons, I have finally managed to make a shape, add a scallop back ground, cut out the backing papers and done all the oval and scallops ALL on Robbie, plus the darker blue parts of the flowers. (had a little bit of help with them) :) thanks Lynn .. I didnt want to put on my usual 'girly' flowers, as felt that the image as I had copic'd him, and the colours used on the rest of the card, called for something a bit more. 'funky' or young?...... completely different use of flowers compared to Thursdays card. lol I know what I mean !!
Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend, Im off to find all the other challenges I had in mind when I made this card... cos guess who didnt make a note of what was where , or save them to file until done the card !!!! .... worn out braincell from all my lessons on Robbie this week lol.. xx


11 comments:

Nicky said...

what a lovely card just been over to wink wink and there are sooooooooo many designs i want xx

cheryl said...

oh jackie hun this is just gorjus the colurs you have used are so bright and vibrant and so effective hugs cheryl xxx

Darlene said...

Oh Jackie ... this is so stinkin' cute and I LOVE the red! Long time no talk to ... hope you are well!! Thanks so much for joining us at Wink Wink Ink (did you get your NEW freebie?? Go check it out!) Hugs to ya!!
Darlene
*Wink *Wink Ink DT

Melanie Nichols said...

Jackie, What A BEEEEEEEAUTIFUL card! Wow! I love it and especially love your flowers! Great job! ;o)

crafty pat said...

Jackie, this is the first time I have time to sit and go through
your blog since you have come back on to the scene after your much needed and break and I have to say that you have lost none of your touch girl. Your cards are gorgeous and it takes me ages going through your blog as you pick such divine images that I am sent all over the place. Well done you I am certainly noting your use of the copics too.
Welcome back girl.
Pat

Denise @ kc242 said...

Jackie, what an adorable card. Love your shape, & coloring. They go perfectly with that dp! Thanks so much for playing along with Wink Ink this month!
Denise
Wink Wink Ink DT

Rachael said...

This is absolutely ADORABLE!!! I love the shape you chose! Did you use Nestabilities to make that?

Pop's Cards said...

Love the image that you have chosen for this, fab colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time big hugs pops x x x

Marcea said...

What a beautiful summery card. I really love your colours and pretty details. Thanks for joining us on LOTV
-x-

cats whiskers said...

Thanks for joining us at LOTV with such a fabulous card, just perfect for summer
Hugs Jacqui x

Lelia Pierce said...

Too cute! I love him in red! Thanks for playing along with us at Wink Wink Ink!

Hugs,
Lelia